About Me

My photo
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States

Saturday, September 18, 2010

In the Workplace

They take my kindness for weakness.
They take my silence for speechless.

They consider my uniqueness strange.
They call my language slang.

They see my confidence as conceit.
They see my mistakes as defeat.

They consider my success accidental.
They minimize my intelligence to "potential".

My questions mean "I'm unaware".
My advancement is somehow unfair.

Any praise is preferential treatment.
To voice concern is discontentment.

If I stand up for myself, I'm too defensive.
If I don't trust them, I'm too apprehensive.

I'm “defiant” if I separate.
I'm a “fake”, if I assimilate.

Yet, constantly I am faced with hate.
They take every opportunity to berate

My character is constantly under attack
A means to provide another setback

Question the way they treat me
They begin to watch me closely

Good, Better, Best,
Never ever rest
Until YOUR Good is Better and
YOUR Better Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment